After I got some critics and feed back on my assignment I decided to improve my animation a bit. I re-did all the frames where he rubs his face with his left wing so I could make the wing more feather like and less drapery like. I also tied up some drawings and made sure he is not sliding around the screen anymore. I hope the improvements made my attempt better and not worse.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
I animated and pencil tested this character I, myself, designed. The idea was to try and create a lip sync for a character with a beak. I put only about 4 hours in to this so the work isn't the best. I think the lip sync worked but I am not as pleased with the character's acting, especially in the end where his head is bobbing way more than I wanted. I also wasn't worrying too much about his placement and he ended up floating around a little bit. I guess it still counts as an exercise. Hope you guys enjoy it.
Sunday, March 13, 2011
This was an Layout assignment where we had to create a multy-plan pan. We also needed to have a character animated in a walk cycle. I was going to animate something specific for this assignment but I it turned out I ran out of time. I decided to follow our teacher's original instruction to use our old walk and run animation assignment instead of creating a new one. This is how it turned out. Hope you guys like it.